Friday, November 18, 2011

Chocolate Chip Dip

The title alone sounds delicious!! A special thank you to Joanna Bonfati for providing the pictures and write up for this recipe :) 
 
This recipe was super simple to follow and easy to make.  During supper, I placed the butter and cream cheese on the counter to soften so I could make the dip after finishing our supper dishes.  I plopped the softened cream cheese and butter into my kitchenaid mixer and let them blend together until fluffy, which only took a few minutes.  Then I simply added the vanilla, confectioners' sugar and light brown sugar and blended again for a minute.  Finally, I added the miniature chocolate chips.  I deviated a bit from the recipe here and added the whole bag of chocolate chips, which may be chocolate overload, but hey, I'm seven months pregnant and it seemed like a great idea to me! 
 
 
 After mixing all ingredients, I placed the dip in a serving bowl and arranged my graham crackers around the bowl on a platter.  This dip is a great recipe to make ahead and store in the refrigerator!  Next time, I will probably try this as a cannoli filling - yum!  
 
 
Since this recipe is so good, the recipe is below:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 (6 ounce) package miniature chocolate chips
 
Beat the cream cheese and butter in a bowl until fluffy.  Add the vanilla, confectioners' sugar and brown sugar and beat until blended.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Serve as a dip with graham cracker sticks or as a filling for cannoli shells. 

No comments:

Post a Comment