Friday, November 4, 2011

Wine-Infused Mushrooms

A special thank you goes out to Martha Bademan for making this delicious appetizer! Martha had the following to say about this recipe:

Stuffed mushrooms are always a hit and I have never made them before, so I volunteered to make them for our cookbook committee meeting.  This recipe is very straightforward, but I only had about 30 minutes after work to get the mushrooms ready for our meeting.  So, I decided to remove the stems and prepare the filling the night before. The filling smelled so good while cooking on the stove!  I refrigerated the mushroom caps in a paper bag separate from the filling.
 The next day, I stuffed the mushroom caps and popped them in the oven for a few minutes before our meeting.  Everyone gobbled them up!  This would be an ideal hors d'oeuvre to make for a holiday party - delicious and easy to prepare ahead of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment