Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Both Joanna and Martha made this recipe and I wanted to share both of their thoughts about this delicious recipe:

From Joanna:
Last week I made the delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to bring in as a treat for my office.  I stuck pretty close to the recipe, though I did omit the oats and added in a pinch of nutmeg for some extra fall flavor.  The recipe was very easy to follow and the results were fantastic!  I recommend eating your cookie with a big cold glass of milk!

From Martha:
I made the chocolate chip pumpkin cookies for a surprise baby shower for one of my coworkers last week.  Mom-to-be has been enjoying all things pumpkin during her pregnancy, so these were perfect! 

One thing to note is that this recipe makes a lot of cookies.  The recipe notes that the yield is 8 1/2 dozen and I found that to be the case, even though I tend to end up with fewer (but bigger) cookies than called for in recipes when I bake.  Use the biggest bowl you have to mix the dough if you are going to make a full batch.  I could have make a half batch for the shower (we had about 20 people) with plenty of cookies to spare.  I actually ended up taking the rest of the cookies to a Christmas cookie exchange party the next night, so it all worked out. 


 The pumpkin makes these cookies very moist and the chocolate chips add just the right amount of sweetness.  A lot of people at the shower complimented me on the cookies and the cookies were a favorite at the cookie exchange. Another good recipe from A Thyme to Celebrate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment