Monday, December 5, 2011

Tomato Sauce

I rarely buy tomato sauce from the grocery store anymore because homemade sauce is really easy to make, I usually already have everything I need to make it, and it tastes SO MUCH BETTER than store-bought sauce.  I was in a pasta mood, so I thought I would try A Thyme to Celebrate's tomato sauce and serve it over pasta for dinner. 
 I made a few changes from the original recipe.  I substituted diced tomatoes for half of the crushed because I had a surplus of canned diced tomatoes in my cabinet.  This made the sauce a bit chunkier than it would have been otherwise.  I also opted for fresh basil instead of the Italian seasoning.  I added the basil to the pot with the rest of the seasonings.  I let it simmer on low for a good portion of the afternoon.  
This sauce has a great kick to it from the red pepper.  I ended up making chicken parmesan with it and it was fantastic!  The sauce tasted even better the next day.  I froze the leftover sauce for a future pasta/Italian night and I can't wait to use it!

Thank you Martha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment