Monday, June 27, 2011

Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Toasted Almonds

Doesn't this just sound amazing?

Well, it is! And SO easy to make! A good thing about this recipe is that you can make it for any number of people - I made it for two, but you can easily adjust the quantities to serve as many as needed.


So, after you bake the asparagus, you are supposed to sprinkle on the toasted sliced almonds. Weelllll, I have never really cooked with sliced almonds before, so I was not aware that they sell (in the baking section) pre-sliced almonds. Being the dedicated cook that I am, I bought whole almonds and attempted to slice them myself. Just for the record - it does not work. Buy the sliced ones. Just a tip.


This is a great way to prepare asparagus. My husband does not usually care for asparagus, but ate this and actually liked it very much - his response was "refreshing"! Not what I would expect, but there ya go!

~ Sarah

1 comment:

  1. This looks de-lish! I love this veggie.

    ReplyDelete