Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sweet Asian Chicken

Our first Guest Post!! A HUGE thank you to Emily Fulton!

Sweet Asian Chicken = Success for a new wife!

When Emily got married last month, she challenged herself to cook something from one of her many cookbooks at least once a week. Well, luckily for us (and her new husband, Bob) she chose a recipe from A Thyme to Celebrate!

Here is her recap of the event:

I looked through my kitchen to be sure I had all the ingredients, in hopes I didn't have to go to the grocery store, and I did!! I seasoned the chicken with salt & pepper and then placed it in a casserole dish. Then, I whisked together the wine mixture & poured over the chicken.


I used small boneless, skinless chicken breasts and probably had too much of the wine mixture, but it made the chicken really moist and we used the extra sauce to give the broccoli a little bit more flavor! The chicken baked for about 25 minutes and I served it with steamed broccoli and couscous.


Bob and I loved the sweet flavor of the chicken & plan to make this recipe again!

Thank you again, Emily! It looks amazing!

3 comments:

  1. I love this recipe, it is soooo yummy. It is one of my go-tos. Thank you for the post and pictures Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I love seeing what other people have gone to. Have not tried this one either. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made this!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete