Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

I know you’ll have a can of this hiding in the back of your pantry from last fall. You might even have a couple, if you like to stock up!  


I made these Pumpkin Muffins (found on page 21 of A Thyme to Celebrate in the breakfast section) for a yummy Sunday brunch treat and brought about a dozen to share with co-workers Monday morning. They were a hit!


However, I did not make the yummy cream cheese frosting the recipe calls for, because as these were coming out of the oven, they were being devoured at my house! The aroma is so enticing; I just don’t know how you could wait for these to cool enough to ice!


Tip:  Next time I make these I am going to try putting the frosting on the inside of the muffin by filling up the muffin tins 1/8 the way dropping a spoonful of icing in the center then covering the icing with the remaining 1/8 batter. Hopefully, these will turn out like the Pumpkin Roll, another one of my favorite recipes from the Cookbook!   

If you try this, leave a comment and let us all know how it went!

~ Emily

2 comments:

  1. What if I don't have a can Libbys Pumpkin. What other brands do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete